Wednesday, March 21, 2012

heaven's angel

i'm back! so sorry for completely going mia, but i had to.

friends, i left for texas two thursdays ago to go visit my mimi and popo [dan]. these are two of the most important people in my life. popo has been battling congestive heart failure like an olympian for the past few years, and he wanted to see hudson "called little dan". so little dan, myself, and my parents set out on the 12+ hour drive to tx. right away i knew when we got there that this would be my last visit with popo. i am not sharing details, but it was an absolute honor to take care of popo until he left us for a much better place.

y'all might not know this, but randomly i got my cna [certified nurse assistant] certificate while i was in college. i worked in a nursing home, and on a med surgical floor for income/fun money. kinda strange for a design student, but now i am sure that the sole purpose of that was so i would be able/capable of taking care of my popo during such a critical and vulnerable time of his life. see he wanted to pass at his house, and the family was able to honor his wishes. i was able to say my goodbyes, and hearing him say "i love you kris" one last time was priceless to me.

so now i know i have one heck of an angel up above. i love you popo.

upon returning to ky...spring has sprung. i love this part of the year...well a close second to fall, and it is fun to see hudson enjoying it too. i forgot to get pictures of it, but he took his first golf cart ride over to GiGi and Pop's squealing with excitement the entire way. while we were over there i snapped a cute picture of "lil dan" and a beautiful redbud.


now that things are falling back into order from being away for so long...i hope to get going on my list of projects. updates coming soon.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment