Thursday, January 26, 2012

just relax..pillow under the butt

Deciding to have a baby was easy.getting pregnant was hard..and from what i hear i didn't even have it bad. First let me start off with a reminder that these opinions and stories are based solely off my experience..not to be taken as any form of professional advice, ect. 

i had visions of this in my head..so did mr. b

when we decided to have a baby mr. b and i were so excited [enter naive]. turns out trying to get pregnant in our experience was harder than training for a marathon [not that i know what that is like because i don't run, but it is a common phrase so..whatev] we started out fast, careless, and full of adrenaline then exhaustion, and doubt crept in..then finally fear, and sadness...why wasn't it working? i hate pee sticks! is something wrong with us? we tried it all...it had only been 4 months we were panicked and stressed which is exactly what they tell you you can't be for it to work..great..but there is no way to avoid it. so fast forward 7 months and lots of test/medication failed attempts..even a call from the doctor saying he thought we were pregnant! which was false.. i finally gave up. yes i gave up. prayed to god. and then got pregnant..errrr they were right it happens when your not stressed and not thinking about it

now i know other women have much much much tougher roads getting there, and i feel for them because it is rough no matter what. and they are warriors. 

my doctor. dr. h told me at the beginning of my pregnancy..to relax. see he knows my husband mr. b who is one of the most easy going relaxed persons i know..everyone knows this about him. he said if i would remain relaxed and calm like mr. b it would be good for our baby, and our baby would be relaxed/calm..i do believe this is a wives tale. but my dr. said so [haha upperhand joke] so i listened. and it paid off. lil hud is amazingly relaxed laid baby baby which mean we will probably really get it come the terrible twos.

here is the lil guy with my mimi...and he was a very good sport by wearing the crown his cousin sophie put on him


introducing sophie [my niece and my world]



the only real issues i had while i was with child were.EXHAUSTION if you have never been pregnant before there is no real way to make someone understand how exhausted you feel. it isn't just the lack of sleep that does it..no it is those horrible things called hormones. they will get you. i just kept reminding myself that they were doing it to me..which was hard. i am rambling aren't i? most days starting from week 8 i could barely make it to the fridge to feed myself..let alone bathe, workout, shop, teach, ect. it was a battle war. but i luckily didn't have to deal with other serious stuff like morning sickness, preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, ect. pregnancy is war. women are heroes [i now believe this with all my heart]. thank your mom now

this guy and i became great friends. i heart my murray sofa

so..i gotta run margarita time..don't judge i know it is 3:30
tomorrow..if i am lucky & you come back ill show my pregnancy photos +  some funny stories.

i promise to wrap all this preggo junk up within a week [which is good for a process that took up to 10 months! yes 10 months...they lie about the whole 9 month thing]

-K





1 comment:

  1. K- here...ok i am new at this..and i need to credit my photos above, but forgot because i got so excited to hit the publish button. you can find the sources on my pinterest board

    follow me

    http://pinterest.com/ktdavid/hummingbirdblog/

    ReplyDelete